The main building of the TU Vienna is situated near the underground station Karlsplatz (U1, U2 and U4). There you can find the Department for Studies and Examinations, where the paperwork is done. Before the semester starts, you can also get information about your chosen studies by the respective student councils.
There are still some things you should do before your studies at TU Vienna can start:
- Obtain a TU Vienna students account to activate your email address and TISS.
- Obtain a library sticker for getting access to the TU Vienna’s library.
- Check if you are allowed to claim for scholarships, see also grants.at
For further information visit the website for TU Vienna’s prospective students.
Here you will find further information if you are new to TU Vienna:
- Information for prospective students: Official page from TU Vienna (German)
- Information for students: Official page from TU Vienna (German)
- htu.gaido (2015): This is a booklet about all you need to know if you are new at the TU Vienna. Unfortunatelly this booklet is just available in German.
- ÖH Studying in Austria: This page is important if you are from abroad. You will find information about “Admission for studying”, “Residence in Austria” as well as “Social Issues”. (English)
- Several more booklets about different social issues (work, kids, accomodation, etc.) are provided by the Austrian National Union of Students (ÖH).