The Biomedical Engineering master’s programme is open to students with a bachelor’s degree from the TU Wien in
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Media Informatics and Visual Computing
- Medical Informatics
- Software and Information Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Chemistry
- Technical Mathematics
- Statistics and Mathematics in Economics
- Financial and Actuarial Mathematics
- Technical Physics
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Geodesy and Geoinformation
- Business Informatics
- Mechanical Engineering – Management
or with an equivalent degree from an accredited tertiary educational institution in or out of Austria.
Entry to the Biomedical Engineering master’s programme is also possible with a degree in a different subject from an accredited tertiary educational institution in or out of Austria if the academic scope of that degree is comparable to that of at least one of the bachelor’s programmes listed above. Candidates’ suitability for acceptance will be assessed by the respective responsible body in accordance with the by-laws established by the office of the Rector of TU Wien.
To bring the various entry qualifications in line with the requirements of the Biomedical Engineering master’s programme, the dean of studies can require applicants to do additional credits of up to 30 ECTS.