VO: attendance not compulsory, just one exam for the grade, are PUBLIC
UE: attendance can be compulsory, practical exercises, sometimes tests
VU: combination of VO + UE
SE, PR, LU: Seminar, Project, Lab-course
Always go to the first lecture to get information about the grading mode.
- You are allowed to take a look at at your exams after they are graded, and may take copies of them (exception: no copies of multiple-choice tests).
- Examination certificates have to be issued as soon as possible, grading may not take longer than four weeks.
- Lecturers (only VO) must offer examination at least three times per semester.
- De-registration for exams should be possible until 2 working days before the exam.
- If you do not de-register and do not show up at an exam, you may be forbidden from taking the exam for up to eight weeks.
- You have have five attempts to pass an exam, after the the third attempt,you have to do it in front of a commission of multiple examiners. (We urge you to contact your Student’s Union before you repeat an exam the third time!)
- When you have passed an exam, you can repeat it within the next 6 months, the grade of the repeated exam counts, even if you fail the second exam.
- Regulations concerning the “STEOP” do not apply for you.
- Oral exams are always public.
- If you are on the waiting list for an exam and you do not show up at an exam, you may be forbidden from taking the exam for up to eight weeks.