VO: attendance not compulsory, just one exam for the grade, are PUBLIC
UE: attendance can be compulsory, practical exercises, sometimes tests
VU: combination of VO + UE
SE, PR, LU: Seminar, Project, Lab-course
Always go to the first lecture to get information about the grading mode.
- You are allowed to take a look at at your exams after they are graded, and may take copies of them (exception: no copies of multiple-choice tests).
- Examination certificates have to be issued as soon as possible, grading may not take longer than four weeks.
- Lecturers (only VO) must offer examination at least three times per semester.
- De-registration for exams should be possible until 2 working days before the exam.
- If you do not de-register and do not show up at an exam, you may be forbidden from taking the exam for up to eight weeks.
- You have have five attempts to pass an exam, after the the third attempt,you have to do it in front of a comission of multiple examiners. (We urge you to contact your Student’s Union before you repeat an exam the third time!)
- When you have passed an exam, you can repeat it within the next 6 months, the grade of the repeated exam counts, even if you fail the second exam.
- Reguations concerning the “STEOP” do not apply for you.
- Oral exams are always public.