From Tuesday, 16th of May 2017 to Thursday 18th of May 2017 you will have the opportunity to elect your student representatives. You will get at least three ballot cards:
- One for each student program representation.
You can vote for 1 to 5 people, except the geodesy programs, where you can vote for up to 3 people. Biomedical Engineering Students vote for the same student-representatives as Physics Students (Technische Physik)
- One for your University representation (HTU), you can vote for one fraction.
- One for your federal level representation, you can also vote for one fraction.The voting booths are open:
on Tuesday, 16th of May 2017: 10:00-19:00
on Wednesday, 17th of May 2017: 09:00-19:00
on Thursday, 18th of May 2017: 08:00-14:00
You may find further information on how and where to vote at https://htu.at/Wahl2017. Short-term changes will be announced also on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/HochschuelerInnenschaftTUWien) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/htu_wien)
For more information about the elections and reasons to vote check the current issue of the htu.info you have at home. All degree programme non-degree programme students have the active and passive electoral right, when they have paid their students’ union (ÖH) fee by the deadline, which was the 28th of March.
Often the words “Studienvertretung”, and “Fachschaft” be equated with each other at the TU Vienna, but there are the following differences:
* The “Studienvertretung” is a representative body of law while the “Fachschaft” is a voluntary association of dedicated students.
* The members of the “Studienvertretung” are elected by people choice (see above) for a term of office of two years, while in the “Fachschaft” all can participate according to their interests and opportunities.legal obligated
* Due to this structure it is possible that you can get more offers and support as this legal obligated advice.
* Currently all student program representatives are members of so called “Fachschaften”.
(- thanks to the HTU- chairpersons for this text!)