Summer weather is already here and the academic year comes to an end. Due to a great imput of one of the students, we will change the location for the next Stammtisch.
Some of our STUKO candidates will quit (Magda Fuchs, Florian Thürk) and I will go to Siberia next semester, so we want to say goodbye and invite you for this Come Together Picnic.
We will have some planes to sit on, frisbees, balls, etc. but if you have a slackline or a hula hoop, just take it as well, and bring your own food and drinks 😉
We will meet at 17:30 at U6 “Alte Donau” and go North. I will post the google coordinates when we arrive.
If you have troubles finding us you can call me 0680 318 703 8
Check out the Facebook Event: www.facebook.com/ical/u.php?uid=100002404918987&key=AQDe5xMZbFmRxNp-
Hi dear collegues,
We are really sorry, for not announcing this event on our homepage. Only people who subscribe the newsletter or are in the Facebook Group were informed. So again, we are so sorry, if you would have wanted to come, this won’t happend again!
Nevertheless it was a great success, and we will continue to organise “Come Togethers” for you! The next one will be announced soon! (:
From Tuesday, 16th of May 2017 to Thursday 18th of May 2017 you will have the opportunity to elect your student representatives. You will get at least three ballot cards:
- One for each student program representation.
You can vote for 1 to 5 people, except the geodesy programs, where you can vote for up to 3 people. Biomedical Engineering Students vote for the same student-representatives as Physics Students (Technische Physik)
- One for your University representation (HTU), you can vote for one fraction.
- One for your federal level representation, you can also vote for one fraction.The voting booths are open:
on Tuesday, 16th of May 2017: 10:00-19:00
on Wednesday, 17th of May 2017: 09:00-19:00
on Thursday, 18th of May 2017: 08:00-14:00
You may find further information on how and where to vote at https://htu.at/Wahl2017. Short-term changes will be announced also on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/HochschuelerInnenschaftTUWien) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/htu_wien)
For more information about the elections and reasons to vote check the current issue of the htu.info you have at home. All degree programme non-degree programme students have the active and passive electoral right, when they have paid their students’ union (ÖH) fee by the deadline, which was the 28th of March.
Often the words “Studienvertretung”, and “Fachschaft” be equated with each other at the TU Vienna, but there are the following differences:
* The “Studienvertretung” is a representative body of law while the “Fachschaft” is a voluntary association of dedicated students.
* The members of the “Studienvertretung” are elected by people choice (see above) for a term of office of two years, while in the “Fachschaft” all can participate according to their interests and opportunities.legal obligated
* Due to this structure it is possible that you can get more offers and support as this legal obligated advice.
* Currently all student program representatives are members of so called “Fachschaften”.
(- thanks to the HTU- chairpersons for this text!)
Some more things you might find interesting:
- A talent programme for students with disabilites: www.disability-talent.com
- Want to see companies from the inside? The next round of “IAESTE Firmenshuttle” starts! More information here here
- MedTec Summer academy – meet people from companies, work on problems in the field of medical engineering more information:
- There’s a goup of students who meet regularly to practice ballroom dancing, everyone is welcome to join! No partners or special dance skills are required . They meet every Wednesday at 7pm or sometimes 8pm, at Zeichensaal 15, located on the third floor of the main building (AA 03 48).
Our next meeting will be on March 8 th, 18:00 at Nelson’s. We are also trying to re-establish the regular’s table again this Semester. So if you don’t want to talk about curriculum stuff, just join us for a drink 🙂
We would like to share these two things we got on our mailing list with you:
1. This year there will, again be Scholarships for European Forum Alpbach, granted by IG-Wien. More Information
2. SMC -Insights, Workshop in Barcelona with Siemens Management Consulting:
If you come across something that would be interesting for your fellow students, write an e-mail.
Our next meeting will be on Februrary 8th, at HTU-Großraum (Freihaus, 1st Floor red tower) . We are looking forward to meeting you there! If you are planning to come, write us an e-mail, so we don’t leave you behind in case we move somewhere else.
We have moved the “Stammtisch” one week forward, because we think nobody wants to come to university during the holidays.
See you, 19:00 at Nelson’s.
Great things lie ahead of us – lets go for it!
We wish you a joyful journey through 2017!
… and good luck with your exams! (:
You don’t know the job opportunities you have once you graduate? We didn’t know either, so we invtited those who know best: recent graduates of our master programme.
On December 12th, they will give short talks about their current jobs and afterwards there will be time for you to chat with them.
If you are a graduate who would like to join, you are still very welcome! Please write an e-mail to bme(a)htu.at!
When? Monday, December 12th, 19:30
HS 7 HS 5 (we think we will need more space 😉 (Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10, 1040 Wien
We are happy to announce our speakers!
Amon Bhatia – Agfa HealthCare GmbH
Oliver Gindlhumer – EMCOOLS
Katja Haslinger – Biotronik Vertriebs GmbH
Konstanze Krommer – ACMIT Gmbh
Sarah Lechner – Szelestim
Michaela Lehner – Agfa HealthCare GmbH
Raphael Mayer – Otto Bock
Thomas Steininger – Universitätsklinikum Krems / Abteilung für Strahlentherapie
Stefan Tiefenbacher – DirectSens