We are organizing the 1st BME tabletop gaming evening. Fachschaft Physik will provide us with a lot of games. If you have fun and exciting games you want to play, please bring them as well!
Date/Time: Tuesday, 14.11.2017 at 20:00
Where: Fachschaft Physik
We are tryinig something new for the “Stammtisch” this year. We will move it to the rooms of our Student’s Union (Fachschaft Physik, Freihaus, first floor, red tower). The first two dates are
next Wednesday, November 8th , 7pm
and Thursday, December 7th , 7pm
You can buy beer at the “Fachschaft” and there is also a kitchen, if you want to cook something or make tea or coffee. You See you there !
It’s high time for the next meeting! We will discuss our future plans for the Curriculum Commission. Feel free to drop by!
Thrusday, November 2nd, 4 p.m at Fachschaft Physik (Freihaus, Red tower, 1st floor)
If you are searching for a topic for your master thesis and have some background in biomedical signal processing, this might be interessting for you.
The Austrian Institute of Technology is currently offering a thesis/internship with the topic Analysis of Pulse Wave and ECG Recordings in Mice.
For more details see Ausschreibung TU 201710 DA Murine ECG and PWA
In this regards, there are still open slots in the lecture Biosignal analysis using Matlab if you would like to improve your biomedical signal processing skills,
The research group Biomedical Sensing of Prof. Kaniusas is currently offering a PhD position with the topic, Neurostimulation and impact of electromagnetic fields on biologic systems. You can read  and  for further information on this topic.
If you are interested and have a background of BIomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar study, please feel free to contact
manuela.reinharter (at) tuwien.ac.at
For more information see also the official job ad: Ausschreibung
 Guiraud, David, David Andreu, and Stéphane Bonnet. n.d. “Vagus Nerve Stimulation : State of the Art of Stimulation and Recording Strategies to Address Autonomic Function Neuromodulation” 41002. doi:10.1088/1741-2560/13/4/041002.
 Kampusch, Stefan, Eugenijus Kaniusas, and Jozsef C. Szeles. 2013. “New Approaches in Multi-Punctual Percutaneous Stimulation of the Auricular Vagus Nerve.” In 6th Annnual International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, 263–66. doi:10.1109/NER.2013.6695922.
Summer weather is already here and the academic year comes to an end. Due to a great imput of one of the students, we will change the location for the next Stammtisch.
Some of our STUKO candidates will quit (Magda Fuchs, Florian Thürk) and I will go to Siberia next semester, so we want to say goodbye and invite you for this Come Together Picnic.
We will have some planes to sit on, frisbees, balls, etc. but if you have a slackline or a hula hoop, just take it as well, and bring your own food and drinks 😉
We will meet at 17:30 at U6 “Alte Donau” and go North. I will post the google coordinates when we arrive.
If you have troubles finding us you can call me 0680 318 703 8
Check out the Facebook Event: www.facebook.com/ical/u.php?uid=100002404918987&key=AQDe5xMZbFmRxNp-
Hi dear collegues,
We are really sorry, for not announcing this event on our homepage. Only people who subscribe the newsletter or are in the Facebook Group were informed. So again, we are so sorry, if you would have wanted to come, this won’t happend again!
Nevertheless it was a great success, and we will continue to organise “Come Togethers” for you! The next one will be announced soon! (:
From Tuesday, 16th of May 2017 to Thursday 18th of May 2017 you will have the opportunity to elect your student representatives. You will get at least three ballot cards:
- One for each student program representation.
You can vote for 1 to 5 people, except the geodesy programs, where you can vote for up to 3 people. Biomedical Engineering Students vote for the same student-representatives as Physics Students (Technische Physik)
- One for your University representation (HTU), you can vote for one fraction.
- One for your federal level representation, you can also vote for one fraction.The voting booths are open:
on Tuesday, 16th of May 2017: 10:00-19:00
on Wednesday, 17th of May 2017: 09:00-19:00
on Thursday, 18th of May 2017: 08:00-14:00
You may find further information on how and where to vote at https://htu.at/Wahl2017. Short-term changes will be announced also on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/HochschuelerInnenschaftTUWien) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/htu_wien)
For more information about the elections and reasons to vote check the current issue of the htu.info you have at home. All degree programme non-degree programme students have the active and passive electoral right, when they have paid their students’ union (ÖH) fee by the deadline, which was the 28th of March.
Often the words “Studienvertretung”, and “Fachschaft” be equated with each other at the TU Vienna, but there are the following differences:
* The “Studienvertretung” is a representative body of law while the “Fachschaft” is a voluntary association of dedicated students.
* The members of the “Studienvertretung” are elected by people choice (see above) for a term of office of two years, while in the “Fachschaft” all can participate according to their interests and opportunities.legal obligated
* Due to this structure it is possible that you can get more offers and support as this legal obligated advice.
* Currently all student program representatives are members of so called “Fachschaften”.
(- thanks to the HTU- chairpersons for this text!)
Some more things you might find interesting:
- A talent programme for students with disabilites: www.disability-talent.com
- Want to see companies from the inside? The next round of “IAESTE Firmenshuttle” starts! More information here here
- MedTec Summer academy – meet people from companies, work on problems in the field of medical engineering more information:
- There’s a goup of students who meet regularly to practice ballroom dancing, everyone is welcome to join! No partners or special dance skills are required . They meet every Wednesday at 7pm or sometimes 8pm, at Zeichensaal 15, located on the third floor of the main building (AA 03 48).